Adult and Toddler swimming classes are the ideal way for toddlers to start to learn to swim on their own. Adults will be expected to be in the water with their child. There will always be a swimming teacher in the pool with the children and a lifesaver poolside.
This course is ideal for gaining water confidence and learning the skills that children will need to learn to swim independently.
Through use of singing and fun games you and your child will be working towards achieving the following:
- Entering the water from seated or standing position with full support from an adult and return to the wall/pool side
- Floating on the front with aids and adult support
- Reaching and catching toys on top of and under surface of the water
- Rotating 180 degrees either horizontally or vertically with minimal adult support using support aids
- Pushing away from wall with an adult holding them throughout in a streamlined position
- Being at ease wetting splashing their own face and putting their chin in the water
- Travelling on their front using aids with adult support
- Holding the rail/side of pool and moving towards step/ladders with adult support and buoyancy aids
- Exiting the water safely with adult supervision